Saturday 22 June 2013

A purple patch




I have been dreaming in colour. And about colour. Tracey Emin was wearing the most vibrant red dress when she visited my studio. And then after I'd woken up and walked into the kitchen in the full glare of morning seeking coffee, my eyeballs were assailed by a row of new yellow dusters that had been washed and draped across the radiator rails. (I have a love-hate relationship with dusters. Why do they need to be such a ridiculous colour, which bleeds into the rest of the washing? But how glorious that the iconic fuzzy marigold yellow with red blanket stitching trumps modern practicality. I want to embroider flowers all over them.)
 
Having played with complementary yellow and purple during my Jolly Good Rummage (see 20 June), I rushed upstairs to grab a purple facecloth from the bathroom.  A pre-breakfast buzz without the caffeine.

Visit my website at www.valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk
....................................................................................
Handmade textiles for stylish interiors, off the shelf or to commission

email: valerie@valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk; 020 7515 0701 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 7515 0701 FREE  end_of_the_skype_highlighting; 07518 885960

 

No comments:

Post a Comment