Sunday 21 April 2013

Who said I couldn't find a puffin....




Yes, they're naff and tacky, but that's the fun of the chase. First find your puffin, then decide how to use it. Can I make a puffin work in a serious piece incorporating a saint? It's a challenge, and at this stage I wouldn't like to guess either way.

This design is by Timeless Treasures and comes, like so many of the fabrics I use, courtesy of  www.equilter.com, an amazing US supplier that has the vastest supply of fabrics I've come across.

I have piles of unsuitable fabrics I've bought hoping that they'll work, only to find that they don't. Like a painter, you need a wide palette. Unlike a painter, you can't just wash your mistakes down the sink. And even if I do decide that a three-inch kitsch puffin is exactly what I need, what do I do with the remaining half a yard of fabric and the dozens of other puffins contained thereon? I could wait an entire lifetime for another set of circumstances to arise in which the only proper response would be a three-inch kitsch puffin. (And if it did I would have thrown out the fabric the week before.)


Visit my website at www.valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk
....................................................................................
Handmade textiles for stylish interiors, off the shelf or to commission

email: valerie@valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk; 020 7515 0701 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 7515 0701 FREE  end_of_the_skype_highlighting; 07518 885960



No comments:

Post a Comment