Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Beast is back...

... and running round in circles.
My Avante long-armed quilter has returned from the Cotton Patch in Birmingham, http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/, emerged from its box and is back at work after its annual service, snorting, pawing the ground and in tip-top condition. I don't know whether it was taken to the city's Bullring to run a few laps while it was there, but it has been happily cantering round in circles ever since.
Having tried out the "Groovy Board" technique for concentric circles and spirals on a couple of plain-fabric quilts from my Island collection http://www.valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk/island/, I decided to use circles on the group quilt I was asked to work on  - see my post of 15 March. Only this time I've combined them with squares.  
I like the contrast of curved and straight, but I wonder if it's still a bit geometric. I'm debating whether to put squiggly, flowery bits in the centre of each circle, or whether this would over-complicate what is already a very busy quilt. It has to be finished in a couple of days, so I'll have to decide soon. Hmmmm...

UPDATE, September 2015: Want to know where this quilt ended up - in The Guardian. Check out this link to see who owns it now!





Visit my website at www.valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk
....................................................................................
Handmade textiles for stylish interiors, off the shelf or to commission

email: valerie@valeriehugginsquilts.co.uk; 020 7515 0701 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 020 7515 0701 FREE  end_of_the_skype_highlighting; 07518 885960

No comments:

Post a Comment